A lot goes into every home we build
We provide so much more than a house. See what makes M/I’s new home building experience unlike any other.
Beautiful New Build Homes from M/I
At M/I Homes, we know that a new home is more than the sum of its parts – it’s a place where countless memories will be made with your friends and family. Considering this, shouldn’t such an important part of your life be tailored to your specifications?
As accomplished new home builders with over forty years of experience, we can provide a variety of options for prospective buyers within many regions of the country.
The M/I Homes Difference
We’re dedicated to quality and thoughtful design, and that shows in the homes we’ve constructed for over forty years. To us, the customer always comes first and they can rely on us for an efficient, superior design backed by our Whole Home Building Standards and our Whole Home Certified Standards.
Whole Home Building Standards
To provide our customers with the optimal new home experience we go beyond the standard code requirements of the industry and hold ourselves to a higher standard, that of our Whole home building Stadards
Ways in which our homes benefit from these standards can include:whole
- Reinforced poured concrete foundations
- Highly-efficient A/C and furnace units
- LED lighting
- Flash shield reinforced stainless steel gas lines
- Whole house humidifiers
- Thick, energy-efficient insulation
- Pex-A plumbing
- MERV 11 air filters
- Superior subfloors
- TUFF-N-DRI basement systems
- Full Tyvek house wraps
These Whole Home Building Standards work alongside our 100% Whole Home Certified Standards, helping us to provide prospective buyers with the complete home building package. Features include:
- Energy Efficiency – Every seam, void, and crevice are filled or caulked, and independent third-party testing will highlight the savings from our efforts
- Air Quality – Our systems significantly reduce particulates and airborne allergens, and all paints and sealants we use are low VOC
- Water Efficiency – We provide low-flow showerheads, faucets and toilets, along with modern, flexible piping for more direct water lines
- Sustainability – We utilize environmentally-friendly materials throughout the new home building process, helping to reduce your environmental footprint
For an M/I home, you can save an average of 30% compared to the cost of a home built to standard code. Our ratings even beat Energy Star® targets.